FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to import files to Avid based on a list?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Torr
Is it possible to import files to Avid based on a list?
on Nov 10, 2017 at 9:45:40 pm

We've got thousands of files scattered across a variety of folders and sub-folders.

We've got a sub-list of hundreds of items in those folders that we'd like to import.

AMA transcoding is not an option. Files must be imported. It's a import sessioun, not a batch re-import session.

I'd like to be able to feed Avid a list and tell it to import every item on the list. Is there some way of achieving this?

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: Is it possible to import files to Avid based on a list?
on Nov 11, 2017 at 10:56:11 am

I saw your other post. One possible solution might be to export an AAF from Avid & try & conform to the original masters in Resolve.

You could then see if using Resolve to transcode solves your issues, or may be able to export an AAF that will link to master files and have Avid batch import...

Good luck, I’m feeling your pain!

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Nov 11, 2017 at 1:02:45 pm

I tried it - resolve conforms to the 'camera originals' no problem, so there must be something in the metadata pointing to the location of the source files pre-transcode.

Exporting the AAF from Resolve and bringing it back into Avid resulted in linking to the .new transcodes (as it is an 'Updated AAF' rather than a fresh one).

Copying the Resolve timeline to a new timeline and exporting a 'fresh' AAF to Avid did give a sequence that was 'offline' but with the source files, rather than the transcodes in it.

Not sure how you can 'batch re-import' at this point though.

Definitely getting Resolve to 'Deliver' your files (either finish in Resolve and export a flattened file or export AAF with transcoded files and finish in Avid) is your best option at this stage I reckon.

Return to posts index

Ed Torr
on Nov 12, 2017 at 2:53:51 pm

This would probably work. I think for this particular project your Hard Links suggestion (in the other post) is probably the fastest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]