FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio-only subclips (.WAV) not linking to master clip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea DiNardo
Audio-only subclips (.WAV) not linking to master clip
on Nov 2, 2017 at 10:12:23 am

I've had to revisit a project that was copied onto a new drive and I have some audio-only subclips from a .wav interview. These clips are currently trying to link to the original drive. I've re-imported the master clip from the new drive, but I can't figure out how to relink these subclips, using the source finder or 'relink' feature doesn't work. Any help would be great!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Audio-only subclips (.WAV) not linking to master clip
on Nov 2, 2017 at 12:19:20 pm

Find the master clip WAV files that these clips were subclipped from, select them, and do a batch reimport of the original WAV files. If you can't find the master clips, then do a "set bin display" and show reference clips and you will find them that way.

Michael

Return to posts index

Andrea DiNardo
on Nov 2, 2017 at 2:11:26 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot - that did the trick!

Return to posts index

Andrea DiNardo
on Nov 2, 2017 at 3:02:23 pm

Hi Michael,

I'm now having a slightly different issue with a music .wav file which is in the sequence, appearing offline. I've used batch re-import to import the original files, but they're still appearing offline in the sequence. Even when I 'Relink' the sequence to the two .wav files open in a bin it doesn't seem to work. Let me know if you have any idea of what this issue is!

Thanks again!
Andrea

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 2, 2017 at 9:15:46 pm

If you do a match frame to the music event in the timeline, what does it bring up? You may have to overwrite with the newly updated clip as a last-ditch effort.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]