FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to delete no needed Luts?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Knight
How to delete no needed Luts?
on Oct 21, 2017 at 7:26:13 am

How can I delete Luts, which I do not need, from the window "Color Managment Settings"?

Return to posts index

Jimmy See
Re: How to delete no needed Luts?
on Oct 23, 2017 at 6:56:43 am

The LUTs are installed on a per project basis or shared for all projects on a system. To remove them form the list of available LUTs it should just be a matter of deleting them form the respective LUTs folders from either the shared or project LUT directories.

The shared LUTs are located at

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Shared LUTs

On a windows machine. I don't know where the equivelant path would be on a mac, however it would be the same directory as the shared Avid projects, which you can have revealed in finder at the project selection stage on opening Avid.

The per-project LUTs I read are given their own directory, in the project directory for a given project. I could not confirm this as I see no such folder in my project, however I don't have any installed LUTs anyway so it's probably there.

So it should just be a matter of finding the LUTs in those locations on disk using Finder of Explorer and then deleting them. I would assume the next time you launched Avid they were then absent from the list.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 23, 2017 at 12:42:35 pm

The previously noted process is how you delete them, but I find it very strange from a design process that the Color Settings window that lets you manage LUTs didn't include a Delete function.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jimmy See
on Oct 23, 2017 at 1:49:31 pm

Yeh this type of decision seems to be like Avid's speciality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]