FORUMS: list search recent posts

BIG synch problem with Squeeze

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
BIG synch problem with Squeeze
on Oct 1, 2017 at 4:41:38 pm

This is maddening and I need help, seriously.

I have a 7+ minute program which starts out in perfect synch and by the end the video appears to lag the audio by 15 or more frames. I'm outputting from Avid to create an un-compressed, 8 bit QT movie. The audio in the QT options section is set to 48k. I'm taking it into Sorreson Squeeze to create a 1080 MP4 and I have gone into the "edit" section and re-set the audio to also be 48k.

It plays perfectly in Avid, but the synch problem occurs in not just MP4 but also .mov files.

So please tell me bovine gurus, WHAT is going on??

Does the fact that the show is in 24P have anything to do with this, since I'm used to shooting and editing in 29.97?

As a last resort, what alternative product(s) are there to Squeeze? Or is the problem further upstream in my workflow?

Thanx for any help anyone can provide!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: BIG synch problem with Squeeze
on Oct 1, 2017 at 9:32:27 pm

Have you tried a mixdown first, then export for encoding in Squeeze? Alternatively, I prefer using MXF OP1a export as I blog about there - see the second half.

http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=278

Michael

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Oct 4, 2017 at 5:32:35 pm

Well, I've checked the uncompressed master and it's in perfect synch, making me think this is purely a Squeeze issue. I ran one though Handbrake and it came out perfectly. Problem is Handbrake doesn't have that many options. Anybody know what the H-264 compression program that's favored by broadcasters is called?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 4, 2017 at 6:03:15 pm

You can use either Apple Compressor or Adobe Media Encoder.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]