FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue with Avid BG services on 8.8, whereby background queue executes succesfully, but media still appears offline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Issue with Avid BG services on 8.8, whereby background queue executes succesfully, but media still appears offline
on Aug 21, 2017 at 9:38:49 am

This is not my machine, but a friend who's experiencing the issue and I'm trying to see what info I can gather, therefore I don't have many details beyond what's posted here.

They are running windows 7, and Avid 8.8. They are attempting to background consolidate a lot XAVC intra 100 HD material and are running in to a strange phenomenon.

The selected AMA linked clips are set to consolidate and the production services job is submitted, and the Background queue opened in browser populates with the batch, however the progress bars remain static and unchanging unless the browser is refreshed. When refreshed, progress appears to be happening and many clips even appear complete. On disk, in BG directory of the MXF directory show clips of appreciable size (ie. not 0 bytes or something like that) with names corresponding to the clips that show as completed in the background queue.

Yet in Avid, those completed clips remain offline. This is the case after independently stopping and starting background services, restarting the application and also restarting the entire system. It's even possible to use the consolidated clips as intended by waiting for the batch to finish consolidating, renaming the BG folder to '2', switching application back to Avid to allow the MXF directory to scan, and then dragging the resulting .mdb in to a bin thus loading all the consolidated clips which now appear online and are accessible via Avid.

Somehow the Avid application doesn't seem to be effectively polling the background services, and while it can be worked around, it's strange that it's happening and hampers effective monitoring of progress. Anyone know what's going on there?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]