FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Recommendation for a Media driver and setup

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Maultsby
Need Recommendation for a Media driver and setup
on Aug 11, 2017 at 10:55:46 pm

Hello, everyone, I need some advice on media drive for my new PC I just built. I am just hobbies jumping back and forth from premiere to MC. Not too much MC just started backup getting tired of paying monthly and if you stop you can't use it. My PC is more setup for Premiere than MC. This is my setup. This is my setup for Premiere.OS 500MB SSD Media drive 500MD SSD 120MD SSD starch drive cache drive and a Drobo 5d2 to store all my video and photos. For the moment I am using my Drobo as my Media drive in MC. It is USB 3.0 Just started using it but not sure if this is going to be fast enough. I guess I am looking for an external drive. On my old PC, it was all internal. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Need Recommendation for a Media driver and setup
on Aug 13, 2017 at 5:26:49 pm

If you can't do internal, what external connections do you have, other than USB3? Thunderbolt? eSATA?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kenneth Maultsby
on Aug 13, 2017 at 8:52:14 pm

I USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 I think I found an enclosure that uses USB 3.1 and has Raid 0, 1,5, and 10. This should cover me all the way through 4K. My question is raid 0 or raid 5. I use the Drobo to store media files

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 14, 2017 at 5:38:35 pm

[Kenneth Maultsby] "My question is raid 0 or raid 5."

RAID 5 is best...protection is always a good thing. ONe reason you use that DROBO I'm sure.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]