FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC Export Settings freezes

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Gatopoulos
Avid MC Export Settings freezes
on Jul 30, 2017 at 3:16:55 pm

Hello and nice to meet you all.
I have just subscribed to this forum which I have always found helpful even if I have never got in.

I recently bought Avid Media Composer because I felt that it was time to switch from Adobe Premiere to a program much more suited for editing movies and to communicate with other programs (e.g. DaVinci).

Now, Avid works really well and I am slowly learning how to use it, but I have a MAJOR issue that nobody on google seems to have ever had. The program is fine except for the Export to file window and settings. Basically, when i click Export it just takes forever for me to change any minor setting and to open new windows.

It looks like the program is freezing but actually it doesn't, it just freezes for like one minute and then lets me make one more click. Then again, if i want to change something else, there's another minute of waiting. I just can't work with this problem because when it comes to export it takes just forever.

The rest of the program just works fine. I have problem only WITH THIS.

I have the latest version of Media Composer and here's my computer specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ Processor,
Windows 10 Home
16gb DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 530
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2G/4G GDDR5 VRAM
Storage
- 1TB HDD 7200 RPM
- 128GB SSD (M.2 2280)SATA3

Can somebody help me? I have spent a lot of money on the software and i can't find a solution.

Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid MC Export Settings freezes
on Jul 31, 2017 at 1:45:03 pm

First guess is your 128 ssd is your OS drive? Is it pretty much jam packed? Possible Avid is having issues moving temp files around.

I love using ssds, but i always have issues with anything less than 500 gigs for an os drive. Too many temp files taking up space at one time or another, and no room for any of the programs to perform.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Andrea Gatopoulos
Re: Avid MC Export Settings freezes
on Jul 31, 2017 at 10:06:33 pm

If i free space, nothing gets better.
Anyway, the weird thing is that it freezes even if I try to open the export settings from the settings tab.

It literally gives me no clue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]