FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double System Audio with Avid Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Powell
Double System Audio with Avid Media Composer
on Jul 1, 2017 at 12:49:49 am

Hi,

A project I'm working on has footage that has been imported, transcoded, and has already begun to be edited in a sequence. However, the good audio for this footage was recorded separately, and is being imported into the Avid project long after the original footage was.

What is the best way to link these audio clips to the original footage within Avid? Ideally the good audio clips would be linked to the original footage (all within Avid), and then show up with the corresponding footage that has already been edited in a sequence.

I don't know if the audio will have timecode or not (I'm hoping it will).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan,

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: Double System Audio with Avid Media Composer
on Jul 1, 2017 at 7:13:31 am

Unless there's a new trick in newer versions, I think you'll have to import the new audio, sync it to the picture, then autosync it and create new clips. Then you'll have to manually cut them (pic & audio) into the edited sequence, replacing the old clips. I use the blue arrow for this sort of thing. That way it fills in both pic and audio nicely when the cuts are not in the same place for both.

Hopefully for you, someone has an easier way to go about this.

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
on Jul 3, 2017 at 12:51:09 am

Thinking a bit further, IF you are mixing this externally (i.e. not in Media Composer) an option might be to give your Sound Mixer an EDL or similar and let them conform the proper audio.
I've worked on programs where this was the preferred method, anyway. But, lots of IFs in there for you.

- - - - - - - - -
Neil Ryan
Senior Finishing Editor
WTFN

OS 10.11.4 Mac Pro
Media Composer 8.5.3 with Symphony & Interplay 3.4 AvidFX 6.4
Neat Video 4.1.4 ISIS5500

- - - - - - - - -

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Jul 3, 2017 at 1:06:00 am

I don't think the audio that is currently in the Avid will have the necessary information for the sound editor to conform using an EDL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]