FORUMS: list search recent posts

iPhone/iPad QT screen recorded MC dimensions

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer Sand
iPhone/iPad QT screen recorded MC dimensions
on May 26, 2017 at 1:06:23 pm

After screen recording on my iPhone/iPad using Quicktime- every time I import the footage into MC it comes in warped on the 1920x1080 timeline. I've tried importing it in via AMA link and also through the source browser/ import and then transcoding. Is there a way that I can import the footage and work with it on a 1080p timeline without it being warped and just be able to scale it around? Would the best solution be to import the footage into an AE 1920x1080 sequence and export it out? Or is there an easier and less time consuming solution? Thank you so much, and sorry for all the questions- I couldn't find any answers online or in the forums. I truly appreciate it!!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: iPhone/iPad QT screen recorded MC dimensions
on May 27, 2017 at 1:46:06 am

First off you are going to catch flak around here for continually using "import" and "link" in the same breath.
They are two totally different things.

If you imported them, then you typically limit your ability to work your way around the images, assuming they are bigger than 1920 x 1080.
If they are smaller than that (or bigger as well i suppose) you need to check your import settings to see if you are doing a center cut, fit to frame, or what, as that will alter what you get on an import.

If you linked to them and then transcoded via the source browser, you should be able to get the native file size inside avid and then use the frame flex function to explore different areas of the screen, or add different aspect ratios to it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]