FORUMS: list search recent posts

Input monitoring during Punch-In Problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Kennedy
Input monitoring during Punch-In Problem
on May 22, 2017 at 3:32:21 pm

Help! What am I doing wrong. I'm running a MC 8.8.1 on a Windows 7 HP z820, and I just took delivery of a brand spanking new Avid Artist DNxIO. My problem is when I want to do a voice over, I can see that my signals are reaching the Audio Tool but I can't actually hear anything untill I actually start recording with the Audio Punch in. I would really like to talk to the voice over artist before I start recording but at the moment this isn't working. I have a talkback microphone which along with the output of the Avid is being sent through the AUX returns of a Yamaha Mixer to the headphones in the VO booth thats working fine. I guess it must be some small setting somewhere. I thought it might have something to do with the Audio Project settings in the input tab, there is a setting "Input monitoring during Punch-In" but this isn't doing anything for me in any of the settings (Auto, on, off, manual) !?

Any tips would be much appreciated

Thanks

nick

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: Input monitoring during Punch-In Problem
on May 22, 2017 at 4:53:44 pm

What track are you inputting VO on? What do you have monitoring set to? What do you have audio pass through set to?

Although if you hear it during punch in and see levels moving when stopped then those settings may be moot

Return to posts index

Nick Kennedy
on May 23, 2017 at 12:08:24 pm

I've just heard on another Forum that it could be the DNxIO Firmware which needs updated. I'll try this soon and post the results. Thanks

Return to posts index

Nick Kennedy
on Jul 5, 2017 at 8:42:59 am

Yes its definately been a Firmware problem with the DNxIO. I updated and now everything is working fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]