FORUMS: list search recent posts

Markers from one project to another

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Swanson
Markers from one project to another
on May 22, 2017 at 10:46:55 am

Hello to everyone!
Let me explain the situation : I've got a project in which i imported files on AMA and then transcoded them. Those files are renamed as example 000001.new.01
A colleague of mine is working on the same project on a different machine, but he put markers on his timelines. What i would like to know, is can i import those makers into my project, and if so, will they automatically li,ked themselves with the new transcoded files?

If not, do i have to import the bin in which his sequences are on timelines, along with the markers?

Thank you very much

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Markers from one project to another
on May 22, 2017 at 3:01:08 pm

You can export markers as a list, and import them again.
Or, perhaps you could get your colleague's project and link your media to that?
(If you were in the same project, you should have the markers...)

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Markers from one project to another
on May 22, 2017 at 3:06:36 pm

If he used markers on his sequence, then the easiest thing would be to get a copy of his sequence.

If he had marked up his bin clips, then you could use his version of the bins, rather than your original version, and you would have all the markers.

Importing his markers (from a sequence) doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you have the exact same sequence, with clips at the exact same location to make the markers have any meaning. ... and I'm not sure why you would have that, unless he supplied you a copy of the sequence before he started marking it up.

Either way, just reimport his sequence and you have what he has.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]