FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a project with different formats in AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma Baruffaldi
How to create a project with different formats in AVID
on May 21, 2017 at 10:00:58 am

Hello everyone, I'm about to edit a short movie which will include some 4k footage from DJI Phantom 4 and some full HD footage from Panasonic Gh5. How do I incorporate this two? I must say the project will be exported in full HD, so I guess I have to set the project to full HD and then crop the 4K footage. But I need also to play with different frame rates such as 180 fps..
Since I am still a student and I got to know Avid less than four months ago I entrust myself to you.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to create a project with different formats in AVID
on May 22, 2017 at 6:00:52 am

OK...choose your final deliver format. So 1080p, (don't say "FULL HD," that's a marketing term that professionals don't say, and it makes you sound like a beginner. You are, but don't let people on by using that term.

Now...Frame rate. 1080p...what? Normal deliveries are 23.98 and 29.97. SOME places can play back 60fps...60p. YouTube being one, but not many others. It's not quite a standard. Now, 180fps...you shot that to be Slow Motion, correct? Then you might need to process that to 23.98 or 29.97 before you bring it in. Or simply AMA link to it, and then adjust it after, but there is no 180fps format to transcode to.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]