FORUMS: list search recent posts

shortcut to trim to the next cut

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc De Coster
shortcut to trim to the next cut
on Apr 18, 2017 at 3:18:22 pm

Hello

I'm working with Avid MC for two months now and I'm looking for a shortcut for a specific manipulation.
I try, as long as I can, not to touch the mouse and keep my fingers on the keyboard but ... when I enter the trim mode and want to overwrite completely what on the right, and so arriving to the next cut (so the left shot covers now completely the right one that does not exist anymore) , I must take my mouse and manually drag the trim to the cut.
I don't know if I'm clear though ... ☺
Does anybody know a shortcut for this?

Thanx

Marc

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: shortcut to trim to the next cut
on Apr 19, 2017 at 6:24:49 am

Extend button.

Return to posts index

Marc De Coster
on Apr 19, 2017 at 12:22:34 pm

Thank you, I didn't know the extend button, but it is not what I meant. It works if I'm sure of the cut I want. But sometimes, I'm working in the trim mode and realize that I want to trim to the next cut. For instance, my audio is overlapping the next shot, I trim to hear where to cut it and then I decide that I don't want the sound to overlap anymore. It means that I have to take my mouse and drag the sound (or exit the trim, make an out point and apply the extend button but it is three manipulation where one could do it)

But thank you anyway, I added the extend button on my keyboard :-)

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 20, 2017 at 2:06:10 pm

you could try going to trim mode and typing "+1000, or -1000" Any number entered in trim mode to adjust the edit point, that exceeds the space before the next cut, will simply stop at the next cut.

If you have a gap of 5 frames between two edits, and go trim, +10, the trim will only travel 5 frames.

If your next trim point is further than 1000 frames down the timeline, then choose a bigger number.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Marc De Coster
on Apr 20, 2017 at 4:29:01 pm

Heyyyyyyy,

So simple ☺

Thank you Glenn

The extend button Job talked about is quite a fancy command though, I didn't know it and I'm already used to it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]