FORUMS: list search recent posts

My avchd transcoded to dnx won't load into MC 8

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Logan
My avchd transcoded to dnx won't load into MC 8
on Apr 18, 2017 at 1:05:23 pm

I'm trying to transcode my c100 footage for editing in Avid. I load the AVCHD file into Media Encoder and I've tried several different DNxHD presets now -- DNxLB, DNxSQ, DNxHQ. Each of them outputs a .mxf and a .xmp file. But when I drag and drop the mxf into my avid footage bin, I get an error message every time.

"You cannot import this MXF file into a bin. Use Appropriate AMA Plug-In to AMA Link it or see the documentation for information about transferring media files."

Transcoding into H264 imports into avid fine, I would just rather use DNX because other footage in the project is dnx. Funnily, transcoding to DNX through Mpeg stream clip IS working and importing into avid fine. I would use that but streamclip doesn't support AVCHD.

my encoder export settings window:

I'm using:
Media Composer 8.4.0
Media Encoder 10.4.0

Jeremy
Mac Pro mid 2013

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: My avchd transcoded to dnx won't load into MC 8
on Apr 18, 2017 at 2:08:42 pm

When you convert in Mpegstream clip, I assume you are creating a quicktime movie, and not an OP1a.mxf file correct?

Those two containers have very different workflows to get inside Avid.

Have you tried linking to the clips? The error message is basically telling you "you cant import this, try linking instead"

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Logan
Re: My avchd transcoded to dnx won't load into MC 8
on Apr 19, 2017 at 3:58:11 pm

Just tried linking the clips and it worked! Then I transcoded via the transcode / consolidate feature in mc8. Thanks.

Jeremy
Media Composer 8.1.6
Mac Pro Mid 2013
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]