FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I retrieve footage from a Thunderbolt Media Drive without a Thunderbolt Computer?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Carr
How do I retrieve footage from a Thunderbolt Media Drive without a Thunderbolt Computer?
on Apr 15, 2017 at 12:33:04 am

I have firewire 400/800/USB 2 and 3.

And no access to a Mac with thunderbolt to get this media.

I want to transfer the media to my firewire drive, but short of purchasing/borrowing a mac with thunderbolt, how can I do it?

There don't seem to be any thunderbolt to firewire adapters going from a device to a computer.

is there a docking station I could use (pc laptop to docking via usb, then docking out to thunderbolt drive)???

help.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: How do I retrieve footage from a Thunderbolt Media Drive without a Thunderbolt Computer?
on Apr 15, 2017 at 1:11:37 am

you are screwed...make a new friend. At some point in the chain, you need to be able to plug TB into the computer.
Most TB drives have USB 3 as well, unless its a raid device.

Go to a local high school or college that has a Tv program.
Or call someone in a local post facility. If they are decent at all they would probably do it for free or next to free.

Mac Minis are what 400- 500 bucks? that is probably your least expensive adapter. Most TB hubs are several hundred dollars anyway.

Glenn

Return to posts index

David Carr
Re: How do I retrieve footage from a Thunderbolt Media Drive without a Thunderbolt Computer?
on Apr 15, 2017 at 1:19:25 am

thanks.

yeah, this is a g-tech thunderbolt raid...so now usb 3.

i think i'll look for a used mac laptop with tb.

or maybe a pc laptop with tb.

who nows, it's the wild west when it comes to ports.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 16, 2017 at 12:36:48 am

This the same David Carr that worked at Beantown?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]