FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer 8.4.5 image import problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniele Peri
Avid Media Composer 8.4.5 image import problem
on Apr 7, 2017 at 5:28:07 pm

Hi guys,
When I try to import an image create with Photoshop CC 2017, the image but especially the fonts are blurry. What is the problem?

Thank you
Regards

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Media Composer 8.4.5 image import problem
on Apr 7, 2017 at 7:29:44 pm

What are your project settings? And what Media Creation settings did you use for this? When you import, it compresses it into Avid media, with the media creation type set up in Media Creation. So it won't be as sharp as your original. One thing to try is to use Pan & Zoom and link to the picture. That typically results in better quality.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on Apr 8, 2017 at 11:59:57 am

1) When you created the graphic in Photoshop did you set the image frame size of the psd fileto be the same as the frame size in your video project - eg. 1920 x 1080 pixels for HD?

2) Did you create the graphic at it's final size within Photoshop, or did you resize it in Avid? I never resize in Avid, and always create the final size I want in Photoshop.

3) Did you leave the graphic images as vectors in Photoshop? If you rasterized them that could make them look less sharp.

I create all my graphics and lower thirds in Photoshop and never have any problems with them in Avid.

Return to posts index

Daniele Peri
on Apr 8, 2017 at 1:28:17 pm

Hi,
1) I used photoshop with the follow settings:

instead the Avid project is 1080i/50.

2) I have not resize the graphics in Avid, I simply imported the file in Avid.

3) I saved the file in .psd, I made no other changes

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 8, 2017 at 3:20:15 pm

Also, make sure your viewer in Avid is not set to yellow or yellow/green. (bottom left corner of your timeline)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Daniele Peri
on Apr 8, 2017 at 4:15:09 pm

The display icon is all green, the problem also keep during the exportation.

I tried using Premiere Pro CC and I have not this problem, it's very strange

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 8, 2017 at 8:23:18 pm

[Daniele Peri] "I tried using Premiere Pro CC and I have not this problem, it's very strange"

Because PPRo does't make separate media when you import..it simply links to the picture. Did you try dropping the Avid Pan and Zoom on the timeline, and then linking to the still in that interface? That mimics how Premiere brings in pictures.

And what codec did you import as? What are your MEDIA CREATION SETTINGS for imports?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniele Peri
on Apr 8, 2017 at 9:03:39 pm

In the Media Creation Settings the video resolutions is set to DNxHD 185 X MXF. Could you explain the process using Avid Pan and Zoom?

Thank you

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 11, 2017 at 1:47:02 pm

One thing you can try is to open up the console and type "HDTitleFilter". This toggles the title "anti-alias-downscale" filter to off and your new created titles get crisp. You already have washy titles? Just recreate them. This is also for imported graphics with alpha.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]