FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid project circa 1999/2000....can I open today with MC 2017?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Burke
Avid project circa 1999/2000....can I open today with MC 2017?
on Apr 6, 2017 at 8:20:08 pm

The subject says it all. I am editing a feature that was stated on an avid in 1999. I am assuming it was media composer. There is no budget other than to pay for my time. I do not own a copy of MC. I do own FCP 7 and DaVinci Resolve 12.5. How can I move such an old project to Final Cut Pro 7? I am trying now to get the two SCSI drives transferred to a usb drive. Just trying to track down the hardware for that job first, but once I get the data, can I just use a trial version of the current MC and open this now 18 year old project. It is SD and I will keep it that way for editorial.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid project circa 1999/2000....can I open today with MC 2017?
on Apr 6, 2017 at 9:32:24 pm

I would at least open it in Media Composer to see what you are dealing with. Double system, no double system, etc. Also. media on the drives will be in a JFIF standard def format which you need to figure out how to get to another system.

Are these files proxy or high enough quality for finish? What are the camera masters?

Your best bet is to edit with a 30-day free trial and then rent month to month till your finished.

Michael

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Apr 7, 2017 at 11:46:10 am

I'd not open and use an old project.
Make a fresh new project with tge name of the old one. Then mive the bins over. Also make a new user setting.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Chris Burke
on Apr 8, 2017 at 10:10:36 pm

Thanks for the info. Having lots of trouble trying to get access to the Medea Video Raids, there are two of them. One won't spin up and the other is unreadable in OSX 10.7. I am trying to source a machine running Mac OS 9 and the proper scsi card to see if we can get the data off of them. I do have a CD with project files and the like on it. I may have to recapture all media from the Beta SP dailies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]