FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame flex avid and davinci resolve

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Israel Diaz
frame flex avid and davinci resolve
on Apr 6, 2017 at 6:34:25 am

Hello.

In this moment I begin to work with 4k files in a project 1080p. Avid put the frame flex and I work with it but when I send via aaf to davinci this not go, the time warp yes the frame flex no.

Can I transcode 4k files with frame flex in avid? I know that I can do a Mixdown but I prefer transcode all the secuence or similar.
There are any protocol to send frame flex to davinci?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: frame flex avid and davinci resolve
on Apr 6, 2017 at 8:07:00 am

Resolve can't accept Avids Frame Flex.
You can bake in the frame flex on Avid before sending. Or send a video guide and rebuild in Resolve by eye.
Or just Grade in resolve and send the AAF back to Avid to re apply tge frame flex to the graded clips.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 6, 2017 at 1:30:30 pm

This is not true. I have been using FrameFlex and DaVinci for several versions now including keyframed versions from the timeline. You need to make sure you select "use sizing information" when importing the AAF. It works with FrameFlex only on the source clips. FrameFlex only on the event, or FrameFlex on the source and additional FrameFlex on an event in the timeline. The one thing it does not support is the new "rotate" functionality.

But your mileage may vary with different aspect ratios or if source clips have any baked in letterboxing.

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 6, 2017 at 1:40:36 pm

Hello.

I not see that in Avid "You need to make sure you select "use sizing information" when importing the AAF"

if you dont mind say me where is?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 6, 2017 at 1:42:12 pm

Ahhh I go to check in resolve

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 6, 2017 at 1:46:41 pm

The checkbox is in Resolve. The AAF already has the info when exporting from Media Composer. Once you select import AAF, it is in the next dialog box as seen here:

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 6, 2017 at 1:55:14 pm

Hello.

Ok with same aspec ratio works well. for example 4k to 1080p but 1442x1080p to 1080p in avid go well but davinci i send a picture.

Thank you for all

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 6, 2017 at 6:06:03 pm

Michael what do you think about that.

If you have media 1442x1080p and media 1920x1080p . why fex it is working bad in that resolution 1442x1080p in davinci.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 6, 2017 at 9:29:48 pm

Were you working in a 1.33:1 aspect ratio project in Media Composer to start with? Then AMA linking to the other sources for FrameFlex?

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 7, 2017 at 12:25:23 pm

OK, good morning.

It is a theme of frame rate and fit frame. I check 4k, 1442p and 1080p of a gopro with BMPC. I dont understan why works well in Avid but not in Davinci.

I think that I could control in Davinci first changing in the preferences see the picture

after this, disable the animate crop, because not translate good the animation and past cropping

I dont know if there is better solution Michael.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 7, 2017 at 12:35:09 pm

Can you post the reference video out of Media Composer as well to compare?

Things to make sure:

Avid timeline matches same aspect ratio as one in DaVinci. Even better if you can match same resolution, so if delivering 1080, make a 1080 project.
All sources are AMA linked and kept at their original aspect ratio for editing.

If the aspect ratios match, then you are just as well off using the 3DBlend or resize to create the crop as Resolve will give the same results.

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 7, 2017 at 2:23:03 pm

ok Michael.. I upload in youtube a video.

Say me what do you think about.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 7, 2017 at 2:37:55 pm

The first thing I notice is within Media Composer itself that the grid view of FrameFlex does not seem to match the actual output of the re-composition. Notice the amount of sky above the tree in the rectangle as well as the cloud above the house that is not in the actual output being shown in the left monitor. There also seems to be less street below the girl's feet. So getting all the source parameters correct before using FrameFlex is key to accurate conform.

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 7, 2017 at 3:02:33 pm

Hello Michael.

I think that this is not the problem, see this video.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 7, 2017 at 8:54:37 pm

I need to some more testing. In my previous post, I was just noticing that what you had framed in the right-hand side did not match the output shown on the left side. Not that this is the actual issue, but does seem strange.

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Apr 7, 2017 at 9:08:36 pm

Hello Michael,

If you send me a email to my webpage video-boda.es and I send you the files in we transfer to check, if you like check it own.

Reggards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]