FORUMS: list search recent posts

JKL control

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edi Osghian
JKL control
on Apr 4, 2017 at 5:41:10 pm

Hi!

I have upgraded my suite to run off my new MBP laptop and it's working like a charm. I have Symphony running with Nitris DX box (through Sonnet) and 2 4K monitors (plus HD control monitor). Before, I had a dedicated tower with Symphony, now it all runs off my laptop.

I work with scripts (on Google Docs) and a lot of times I just need to play my sequence (while staying in Google docs). It bothers me I have to click on Avid, play - and then click on Google docs and write. Before, I would be switching between different keyboards (on different computers - my laptop and Avid tower).

Ideally I would like to have a controller attached to my Avid (Nitris Box or MBP) and stay in Google docs while playing JKL.

Is there such a thing? That would allow controlling Avid although it's in the background?

I appreciate your help on this!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: JKL control
on Apr 4, 2017 at 7:28:58 pm

Nope. Avid needs to be in the foreground to be controlled. There is no controller that can access ONLY Avid while you have another app in the foreground. Sorry, that's just a basic computer function. The app in the foreground get's all the love and attention, and the one in the background does it's thing until you get IT attention.

It's an OS thing

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Edi Osghian
on Apr 4, 2017 at 7:32:08 pm

Yeah, I was hoping there is something that can be connected directly to Nitris DX (through the serial) so it can be always controllable...
Thanks,
E

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 4, 2017 at 9:30:19 pm

Yea, sorry, that's for DECK CONTROL, and even then, Avid needs to be in the foreground.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]