FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcode and source on the same drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lena Gregorian
Transcode and source on the same drive
on Apr 3, 2017 at 4:14:08 pm

Hello all,

Have you encountered the next issue, from having transcode files and source on the same drive?
I've transcoded source MXF files of DNxHD 120, to offline coded of DNxHR LB, video and sound, but only changed video resolution and the sound left as it is . The box: Transcode audio and video on the same drive is checked. I have the transcoded files and the source files at avid mediaFiles/MXF on the same drive.

My project is going great and everything is fix. But when I copy the transcode files to give away for editing, the sound in the project is offline. I recall that perhaps it's because the sound quality was not converted, but I don't recall ever having that problem, when transcode video and audio are in different folders (my friend also confirm that).

My solution to copy only the audio source files to the "transcode" hard drive that is going to the editor, and have them in a different avid mediaFiles/MXF folder, seem to have solved the offline issue. I wonder if it's a good solution, especially considering going back to Online?

Could it be that because the source audio is already present in the original hard drive, avid only makes new video files and avoid duplicating audio files? If so, this is actually very good, was it always that way?

Thanks and happy editing to all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]