FORUMS: list search recent posts

Desqueezing anamorphic using Frameflex

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Hensen
Desqueezing anamorphic using Frameflex
on Mar 24, 2017 at 1:58:40 pm

Can anyone advise on the correct settings to desqueeze anamorphic footage in frame flex? There are many settings that get the pixel aspect ratio or image aspect ratio close to correct, but it's hard for me to tell which is the accurate one. In premiere you can simply apply the 2:1 ratio in the interpret footage option. Just want to make sure the aspect is correct as we start our online..

Anyone have a screenshot? The footage we're working with is the 4:3 2.8k from an ALEXA just fyi.

Return to posts index

Will Burgess
Re: Desqueezing anamorphic using Frameflex
on Mar 25, 2017 at 6:50:05 am

I'm having the same issue (Arri 2.8 Anamorphic / MC8) so any info would be great! Getting the rushes tomorrow and trying to sort out the workflow but there doesn't seem to be any info on the net about it...

Jon - Are you using the 2K DCI Scope 2048x858 2.19:1 project settings?

Return to posts index

Jon Hensen
on Mar 27, 2017 at 1:33:34 pm

We're offlining in MC 7, so I'm conforming the resolution in a 1080 project for now.

Return to posts index

Jon Hensen
on Mar 27, 2017 at 8:00:33 pm

These are the FrameFlex settings that I've found to work for MC 7 with 2.39:1 footage.

Return to posts index

Jon Hensen
on Mar 28, 2017 at 9:56:05 pm

So Will, see the screenshot in the post. Just make sure your pixel aspect ratio is set to 2.00:1 and then in the FrameFlex window set the Frame Aspect Ratio to your intended size, in your case 2.19:1. Then just select the pillar/letterbox option for the reformat. Apply those settings to all your rushes while AMA'd and you're good to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]