FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing edited MXFs for multiple days of a shoot.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sherril Schlesinger
Replacing edited MXFs for multiple days of a shoot.
on Mar 22, 2017 at 11:14:46 pm

Hi all,

I have two days' of dailies that were transferred with an artefact on all of the clips.
The master camera files are fine.
They are redoing the export of the MXFs from Resolve.
I have to keep editing with that material while I wait for the new transfer due to deadlines.
If I want to replace all of the clips from those days - not just the sequence, what would be the best way to do that to ensure that I don't lose any links?

I have done this before many years ago.....but can't remember exactly what I did and cannot afford any mis-steps ☹
(That's what happens when you spend a few years on FCP and Premiere!!)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Replacing edited MXFs for multiple days of a shoot.
on Mar 23, 2017 at 8:29:02 am

Do a video mixdown guide of you current sequence and cut to a track above in the timeline.
Select the faulty master clips in their bin and hit delete. In the option that pops up select just the media not the master clip itself. Then ok.
The master clips will go media offline and you will have media offline in seq but not guide.
Now drop the new transcoded media in the Avid Media files folder as normal and reestart Avid. It should all pop back to life. But at worst you will need to bring tge new clips into a new bin and tgen relink to sequence.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Sherril Schlesinger
Re: Replacing edited MXFs for multiple days of a shoot.
on Mar 23, 2017 at 5:34:59 pm

Thanks Pat!

So would just deleting those mxfs from the Avid MediaFiles folder and replacing with the new ones.....and then restarting Avid, not work?
They have the exact same names.....would that break the links?

I like the idea of the guide track! 👍

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]