FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid media composer 8 problem with Marquee timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
luca rainbow
Avid media composer 8 problem with Marquee timeline
on Mar 22, 2017 at 1:11:57 pm

HI everybody , I hope to be in right section.
I have this problem with the marquee title in Avid (on pc windows): in the marquee timeline, the moviment of the cursor is not fluid when I go in play. This happens also when there are not effects or any title. Consequently, when I go in play with a title or an effect it is not fluid. My pc is not old (11 gb ram and Gtx 580 updated) and I have not this issue on the Avid timeline, I tried to reinstall Avid, I tried another version of Avid media composer (7), quicktime is working, and the problem is the same. How can I resolve that?
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid media composer 8 problem with Marquee timeline
on Mar 22, 2017 at 6:35:31 pm

what kind of timeline are you working on? 4k? Do you get the same issue with an HD timeline?

Glenn

Return to posts index

luca rainbow
on Mar 22, 2017 at 9:31:32 pm

Hi Glenn thanks for the answer,
I am beginner and I don't know how to set the 4k timeline, and I don't know too how to set the HD timeline. If you mean the settings in Avid they are in the project 30i NTSC 4/3. these setting are in Avid composer or in Marquee tools? I don't find any setting of this kind in marquee. Please be patient and explaine me step by step how I can set these parameters.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 23, 2017 at 2:01:00 pm

I'm basically asking what type of project you are working on, 4k, HD, SD. It is possible your box and drives are just under performing for the project.

If your Avid project is 30i NTSC 4:3, than you are pretty much using the lightest weight project type available. When you jump to Marquee, you would basically be working from the same project type automatically.

I'm assuming your are using a video background from your timeline in Marquee?

When back in Avid, your project has no issues with playback?

How long of a title are you trying to build? Is it struggling with a 2 second title, or are you trying to put a title over top of a 3 minute piece? Start small and work you way out to see where your bottleneck is.

To be fair, i am not a Marquee user...probably haven't opened it for 4 years, but these types of issues usually go hand in hand with project type, or storage type/speed, or computer power.

Glenn

Return to posts index

luca rainbow
on Mar 23, 2017 at 3:06:35 pm

HI Glenn,
the problem there is also when there is any title or effect in the timeline, and also if I use the bacground or not, the bar of the cursor of the timeline has some little stop when is going from the beginning to the end of the timeline. No problems about th timeline of avid, every moviments i fluid as normal. But if I pass a title with a moviment from the marquee to the bin, it has the same little stop I have had in the marquee, not depending from the kind of effect made in marquee. The problem is the bar of the timeline i think, I mean something regarding marquee setting or parameters (or compatiblity?). I send you a file so you can see: https://f1.creativecow.net/11166/marquee-timeline?uploaded=file
thanks again for you patience

Luca

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 23, 2017 at 3:35:59 pm

I think you are expecting realtime precision out of Marquee, which might not be realistic. Again, i'm not a marquee person at all, but what i do remember is you had to render the effect when you left Marquee, so i wouldn't expect real time playback in Marquee.

Once in Avid, have you rendered the effect on your timeline? Are you seeing little yellow or red lines under the effect in the timeline area...indicating you are having memory/playback issues?

To be honest, i watched your wmv and thought "Wow, that doesn't seem too bad"

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]