FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merging 2 Avid Projects

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gaby Granda
Merging 2 Avid Projects
on Mar 15, 2017 at 1:03:53 am

Hi!
So I linked, transcoded, and synced some media in an Avid project. The plan is to combine this with another separate project on another drive (for the sake of this, Drive A), which I'm planning on doing by copying and pasting .avb files. Currently, my media is on a floater drive (Drive B), but I plan on copying over the assets I've been working with from the floater (drive b) to Drive A. Anways, I guess I'm scared that Avid will have trouble relinking once I'm working off another drive. I'm pretty rusty in Avid, but any tips/explanation on the best way to do this without it turning into a relinking headache would be very helpful. Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Merging 2 Avid Projects
on Mar 15, 2017 at 4:08:03 am

Should be no problem. Its pretty common to do this. Avid looks for Media Databases on whatever drives are connected on startup. It doesn't care if you move the media to a different drive. You probably won't even have to relink.

***This applies to Avid Managed Media, not Linked (AMA) media...which can be a bit more finicky (but still possible)

Return to posts index

Gaby Granda
Re: Merging 2 Avid Projects
on Mar 15, 2017 at 4:21:36 am

Thank you so much! It actually is AMA linked footage. Are there any extra steps since that's the case? Thanks, again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]