FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgraded from MC for Mac 7 to 8. Massive project has lost all folders, now every single clip is in one "Other Bin" folder

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Lattanzi
Upgraded from MC for Mac 7 to 8. Massive project has lost all folders, now every single clip is in one "Other Bin" folder
on Mar 12, 2017 at 9:06:13 pm

The headline says it. Working on a 2012 Imac, been away from Avid for a while. 7 can't run on Sierra, so I upgraded to 8. All went smoothly. Coming onto a project that's been in the works for a year, so the folder structure was vast... and immaculate. And in 8, it has disappeared entirely. Every folder gone. There's just one folder, "OTHER BINS" and the alphabetical list of the zillions of clips in the project. So... of course, I have the project saved, but is there a way to get it wto ork in 8 while preserving the file structure?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Upgraded from MC for Mac 7 to 8. Massive project has lost all folders, now every single clip is in one "Other Bin" folder
on Mar 13, 2017 at 4:43:19 pm

That sounds like you made a new project and imported bins from the old project rather than just opening the old project?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Bill Lattanzi
Re: Upgraded from MC for Mac 7 to 8. Massive project has lost all folders, now every single clip is in one "Other Bin" folder
on Mar 13, 2017 at 4:49:17 pm

Thanks, I've sussed it out. It turns out it wasn't 8 that created the probem. I had opened the project in MC7 using OS Sierra... and that broke it. It crashed hard and I hadn't opened it since. But I got a clean copy of the project and opened it directly into 8, and it was fine.
So the problem isn't 7 to 8... its MC 7 to Sierra... never mix the two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]