FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know how to edit an EDL Manager program file to allow more events?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Lucia
Anyone know how to edit an EDL Manager program file to allow more events?
on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:45:31 am
Last Edited By Nina Lucia on Mar 9, 2017 at 8:57:35 am

I'm using MC 5.5.5 and trying to make an EDL of an entire feature film but EDL Manager crashes while doing so. I can split it into three parts and make an EDL.

I ran into an issue years back where there were too many events in one of the reels and I had to edit a line in one of the EDL Manager files to make it allow more events. I thought I had saved the email with that info but cannot find it.

I think since I'm using the File 32 option that's the file to edit. I'm starting to remember now that we edited the CMX3600 file since that's what was used on that show. So I'm sure that's the file, but I don't know how to edit it to allow more events.

I see this line:
max_event_no 999999 * Five digit event numbers.

999999 seems like a pretty high number!

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Anyone know how to edit an EDL Manager program file to allow more events?
on Mar 9, 2017 at 2:17:34 pm

The FIle_32 is the edited version of the CMX360 which allows for 999,999 events, "Tape" names up to 32 characters in length. Can you split your sequence up to V and A only to see if it reduces the number of events?

Michael

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: Anyone know how to edit an EDL Manager program file to allow more events?
on Mar 9, 2017 at 6:29:11 pm
Last Edited By Nina Lucia on Mar 9, 2017 at 6:44:34 pm

Ah, okay, thanks.

I'm doing a V1 only EDL. I can make it in three parts. Splitting in half is still too big apparently.

I was able to make an AAF of V1 and V2 combined - there are three split screens - so if it goes to Resolve I think I'm set, and if whoever conforms it needs an EDL they'll have to get it in three parts, or maybe I can edit them together after I make them. Actually, I guess that won't work since the event numbers will repeat. Eh, they can get three if they need an EDL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]