FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF from Premiere to AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Matluk
AAF from Premiere to AVID
on Feb 24, 2017 at 4:39:58 pm

I exported an Avid project to Premiere via AAF and finished the project in Premiere (After adding 10-20 new media files) Now my client wants the final project in Avid format so they can tweak if necessary. I tried exporting an AAF but having trouble relinking all the media to the new video files.

This project is 1 Sequence, about 2 minutes long with clips from about 20 different youtube MP4 videos. Is there an easier way to send this to Avid and relink all the files? I was thinking of creating a new Avid project and importing all the media used, then import the AAF exported from Premiere (I know it's time-consuming but there's an extra system in office to do the work). Will this automatically link the files? or is there another way to go about this?

(The premiere to FCP to Automatic Duck to Avid won't work simply because the system doesn't have FCP and FX Factory cannot be installed with current OSX Version)

IMac OSX Version 10.9.5
3.4GHZ Intel Core I5
16GB Ram
Media Composer 7.0.5
Premiere CC 10.4
Clips live in a Facilis Terrablock Manager

Thank you,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AAF from Premiere to AVID
on Feb 24, 2017 at 8:23:09 pm

The best way to do this is to send an XML or AAF to Resolve, render out the sequence as individual MXF files as DNxHD, and then send the AAF from resolve to Avid. And yes, that means converting the footage, but this really is the best way to do it. Trying to get it to link to the originals will take a LOT of effort, and might not even work.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kevin Matluk
on Feb 24, 2017 at 8:40:31 pm

Ok great, thanks a ton for the feedback Shane!
I'll download Resolve and try it out.

Return to posts index

Rickard S. Söderström
on Apr 21, 2017 at 4:57:05 am

Hi,

I am working with a problem like yours. Did you learn anything new? The problem I see it with exporting to Resolve is that you can not export from Resolve to Avid (with sound). You end up having only video.

R

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]