FORUMS: list search recent posts

Switching my Avid subscription over to a new computer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thurman Thomas
Switching my Avid subscription over to a new computer
on Feb 22, 2017 at 3:51:35 am

Hi! I currently have a monthly one year subscription to avid which I use on my laptop. I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro and would like to move my subscription over to the new laptop. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how exactly to do this? I do not want to erase Avid from my original laptop just migrate the license over to the new one. Also how do I even download avid Media composer on the new laptop? What information does it require and what are the steps?

Thanks!

TT

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Switching my Avid subscription over to a new computer
on Feb 22, 2017 at 6:56:01 am

#1 - Install Avid Media Composer. Use the installer you used for the one on your main computer. If you don't have that, go to the Avid Download Center, sign in, and go to the Media Composer area, and download the version you have on the main machine. Then install. Fully, App manager, PE codecs, everything. Use this for the 30 day trial if you want, before transferring the license.

#2 - Open the application manager on your original computer. Go to the LICENSING tab and click on DETAILS and note down all the information...system ID, Activation ID...all that. Then DEACTIVATE the license.

#3 - Open the App Manager on the new laptop, sign in...wait a bit for it to log you in. And then go to the LICENSING tab and ACTIVATE it on this new computer. Input the information you got from the first computer if needed.

Then you can activate/deactivate when you switch computers.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Thurman Thomas
Re: Switching my Avid subscription over to a new computer
on Feb 22, 2017 at 6:57:07 am

Thank you Shane! Precise easy to understand instructions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]