FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colorimetric fidelity problem when exporting a project in Quicktime with Avid Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolf Gang
Colorimetric fidelity problem when exporting a project in Quicktime with Avid Media Composer
on Feb 21, 2017 at 11:24:09 am
Last Edited By Wolf Gang on Feb 22, 2017 at 12:27:30 pm

Hi everybody!

This is my first post into this awesome forum I'm browsing for a while now because I have a problem I can't resolve...

Like my title said, I've exported a color corrected sequence (via the avid color correction), and the file exported is not the same as my timeline.

- I'm working only in full scale, no legal range, from my settings to my monitors.
- My colorimetric space is RGB 709.
- The file I'm exporting is in Quicktime DNxHD 85 at 8bits in RGB Levels and in full scale again.
- I work on Avid Media Composer 8.4.0 on a Mac OSX El Capitan.

With all those setting, when I'm importing the file I've just created into media composer in AMA link, I still see a difference between my timeline and the exported file.
It is like I'm always in legal range, as my blacks and whites are not that deep. I don't know where the problem come from... And I'm kind of depserate by now. If anyone know the answer I would be very grateful !

Here is a gif to see the difference :

http://gifcreator.me/viewgif/20170221-23-0SUHkTTn0QwQ8O3T-wh98yp

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]