FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finding Media

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thurman Thomas
Finding Media
on Feb 17, 2017 at 1:29:28 am

I have a project that I've been editing on my work computer. I copied the project folder onto my external hd and then brought that into my avid program on my home computer, but when I try to open the links the media cannot be found. I'm assuming that means the media is somewhere on the original computer. How exactly can I find the media, and what is the best way to bring that media over to my home computer and link the project clips to the original media.

When I use the clips on the original computer there are no AMA link images.

Please help. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Finding Media
on Feb 17, 2017 at 1:52:34 am

The project file you brought home is (as you have figured out) only half of what you need.

You could have probably guessed by the size of the file when you transferred it that something was missing.

If you are not dealing with links, you need to find where the avid is capturing/importing your media to.
On that drive you will find an Avid MediaFiles folder. In that folder is an MXF folder, in that folder you will probably see a 1 folder. In that folder, you will probably see all your media.

Copy that folder to your home computer, and you should be off and running.

NOTE: that folder structer has to be in the root of what ever drive you put it on. Do not make a folder called
"media from work" and then put the rest of the folders in there. The structure of those 3 folders has to remain in tact.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]