FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to select Clips on tracks and ripple delete like premiere?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
How to select Clips on tracks and ripple delete like premiere?
on Feb 15, 2017 at 6:40:29 pm
Last Edited By John Lee on Feb 15, 2017 at 7:14:41 pm

So i just started with avid, because i´m sick of the lack of stability on Premiere, and i need some help ☺

In premiere i used to put all clips on a timeline and put the ones e like on V2, just pull them up (nudge up), then i select all clips with the arrow from select track. And premiere selects all clips on V1 and their audio, and doesn't select nothing on V2 or its audio even if the audio is in the same track as V1. I then do a ripple delete have all the "good" clips i selected, without any gaps fillers, between them.

But on avid i just can´t select the clips on V1 this way, i always get the V1 its audio, and also the audio of V2. Even if i select the red arrow an shift click all clips on V1 to ripple delete them, i just can´t because the extract and lift dont work. I can only do a standart delete, and then i get all those black filler spaces ☹

So is there any way i can achieve the same result as premiere? Because this is always been my workflow ☹ thanks

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: How to select Clips on tracks and ripple delete like premiere?
on Feb 16, 2017 at 9:24:22 am

You need to deselect tge linked clip option. Top leftish of timeline view.
It defaults to on and ensures that when either video or audio are selected its related track elements are selected. Turn this off and you achieve what you want.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Feb 16, 2017 at 4:00:32 pm

Maybe i did not explain my self right, English is not my native language and for that im sorry ☹

I do a lot of add edits along the timeline ( about an hour of footage) , and i put up those add edits to V2 and the audio stays on A1 and A2. The next step i want to select all of my footage/clips on V1 and its audio. And then ripple delete all of this on V1, and staying only with the V2 and its audio without any gaps/filler.

But first i cant select all the clips on the timeline in V1, without also selecting the audio from the clips on V2.

What im i doing wrong? Thanks

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Feb 19, 2017 at 4:30:50 pm

[Pat Horridge] ""Quote""

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 19, 2017 at 8:30:09 pm

Avid can't do that...sorry.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 20, 2017 at 4:07:38 pm

You could only select clips in sections, with the yellow arrow selected, then you could select clip 1, 2, and 3, hit delete and they would ripple delete, leaving clip 4 on video track 2 at the front of the timeline. you then would have to manually select the next group of clips on v1 you want to delete.

Glenn

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Feb 20, 2017 at 5:35:59 pm

Thanks i had to do it all manually like you suggested. Thats the process of learning, making a lot os mistakes lol

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]