FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with media tool

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Mings
Problems with media tool
on Feb 15, 2017 at 4:00:06 pm

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm having a hard time finding it. When I try to use media tool in MC7, I get media from many different projects, possibly all that exists on my drives. I am searching for Precomputes and Master clips, for a particular project, but the project column is blank for most of the items. I realize that AMA linked items may not show a project association, but other items should. I can't figure out if I have things set up wrong, or if I am using the wrong procedure in my work flow. Most footage in the last couple of years has been Quicktime SD footage imported from SD cards. I usually copy the clips to my drive and then AMA link to them. I also use some AVCHD Panasonic footage. I want to be able to look only at clips that are specific to a particular project, but that isn't working. In some cases, the original project and media have been deleted, so I'm just trying to clean up the leftover junk. Any idea on why I'm seeing too much stuff in Media Tool?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Problems with media tool
on Feb 17, 2017 at 1:58:35 am

if you do a lot of linking, than you are probably looking at old renders, and motion effects.

(i don't think links would show up in the media tool would they?)

If the files are relatively small you probably aren't looking at "real" media.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]