FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repair Addenda 2/3 Rosetta Stone Cable

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crenshaw
Repair Addenda 2/3 Rosetta Stone Cable
on Feb 7, 2017 at 5:51:45 pm

Avid Nitris DX, MC 6.0.1, HP Z800 12 core, 16 gig Ram, Win 7 Pro.

Hello all,

Does anyone have a pin out diagram of the this device? It appears Addenda is out of business. Can't find anything on them except outdated links.

Believe it or not, I need to capture many hours of Beta and DVCPro footage for a long-time client who is celebrating a 40th anniversary this year. So, I'm going back through 40 years of archival footage to produce a "Through The Decades" piece. I have everything ready to capture but can't get deck control to work. I've tried everything I can find on the subject of configuring and preferences and I can't communicate with either deck. The system was working last time I used it...about 2 years ago.

It seems to be the Rosetta Stone Cable that's causing the issue. I opened up the computer end of the cable and there are 2 wires that aren't connected. And, two solder pads (Q3 & R3) that look to have been connected previously. I can't find a pin out diagram to verify which goes where. (See pic below)

If anyone has a cable lying around, I would be happy to purchase another just in case mine is fried.

Thanks, Mark

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Repair Addenda 2/3 Rosetta Stone Cable
on Feb 7, 2017 at 6:25:09 pm

I don't know about the little circuit board. Search for RS422 pinout -maybe that will help - that's basically what you need for deck control, I believe.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on Feb 7, 2017 at 7:06:36 pm

Thanks Ricky.

I've checked the RS422 spec but it doesn't correlate to the makings on the Addenda PCB. I'll bring my DVM in tomorrow and maybe I can isolate the Q3 wire as it appears to go to ground on the PCB.

Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on Feb 7, 2017 at 7:16:39 pm

Uhhh, now that I look at it, the Q and R designations are for components on the board, not wire connections. But still, the connection near Q3 joins the black wire on the PCB and they both go to ground...my plan should still work.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]