FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring Project from One Computer to Another

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thurman Thomas
Transferring Project from One Computer to Another
on Feb 7, 2017 at 4:09:11 am

Hi! I have 2 hours of media on an external hard drive. I linked that footage to Avid Media Composer and put all that media in different bins according to the needs of my project. I then edited a 5 minute sequence that is not finished from the media in my bins. I would now like to transfer that sequence and all the contents of my bins to another computer that has avid to finish my project since someone else is scheduled to use my original computer, and i now must finish on another computer. I can bring my external with the original media to the new computer, but how do I bring the sequence and the bins with me, and once I have those on the new computer how can I relink them to the media on the external hard drive? I would appreciate a clear answer to this! Thanks so much in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Transferring Project from One Computer to Another
on Feb 7, 2017 at 7:55:24 am

On your computers hard drive, in the DOCUMENTS folder, is a folder called AVID PROJECTS. In there are all your projects. Grab the full project folder, and copy that to the hard drive. Then copy it to the other computer's Documents>Avid Projects folder.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:41:22 pm

I'd consolidate or transcode the current timeline first.
That media will connect and work atraight off. The AMA linked media will likely need to be re AMA linked.

I'd make a fresh project on the new system with the same name. Then copy just the original projects across.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Feb 7, 2017 at 1:09:43 pm

If you ever feel you've buggered it up good, you can always count on the Avid Attic to save your a....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]