FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid legacy codec linear pcm, AVRn

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caroline Mann
Avid legacy codec linear pcm, AVRn
on Jan 25, 2017 at 2:15:11 pm

I have some old media (circa 2005) - linear pcm, AVRn .mov wrapper SD - and need to use it in the modern world but can't for the life of me find a codec for such an archaic file type. I would ideally like to convert it to PRORES but the only programme I can view it on is VLC. I have installed all the Avid codec for Mac but this doesn't work.
I am using a Mac running Lion, yes I can hear your eyes rolling and it is justified, but it has a Sierra partition.
Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid legacy codec linear pcm, AVRn
on Jan 25, 2017 at 5:07:05 pm

Can you not link to it in Avid MediaComposer? Does it not recognize it's own, older, media type?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Caroline Mann
on Jan 25, 2017 at 6:35:23 pm

no, strangely. I have Avid Media Composer on the same machine and installed the Avid LE Codec pack 2.3.8 and tried to view the files in that but too no avail. I could hear the audio but no video.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 25, 2017 at 7:41:27 pm

That dang AVR codec. You might need to try to track someone down with a very old Avid (Talking Meridian here) and see if They can open it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 28, 2017 at 4:46:58 pm

It's not a very full featured encoder, but you can use VLC to convert it to another format that you can work with.

https://features.en.softonic.com/vlc-media-player-as-video-converter.

Not sure if you can convert directly to Pro Res, but if you really need the shot, you can get it converted to something decent enough to use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]