FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio export 'slipping sync'

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Hrycyk
Audio export 'slipping sync'
on Jan 17, 2017 at 12:38:44 am

Posting here and AEoF as well.
In almost 20 yrs of cutting on MC, something happened today that I've never seen and can't explain! MC 7.5 (Yeah, I'm behind, but refuse to upgrade until this project is done! Started like 3 yrs ago.)
Quick background. Tomorrow is Delivery date to aggregator/QC folks. Since audio mix was done (about a year ago), we cut another 3 min from film.
I kept surround tracks and DME's in sync thru it all. Final sync was great. Surround exports were terrific sounding and in sync. Now I was making stereo tracks from the surround tracks. (Yeah I know it's not the perfect way, just deal with it!) Just because I had a bunch of edits in the tracks to accommodate the time we cut out I figured rather than making sure pans were correct thru all the cuts and try and do he stereo mixdown from those edited tracks, I figured I would export each surround track individually, import those back in and do my stereo from those. (Yes, I could've done the same thing with a mixdown, but I want the files for archiving anyhow!) So I import my new 2 track stereo file, modify it to multi-channel, cut it in to the timeline and export my new stereo mix. QC place wants 1 QT ProRes HQ with 6 mono surround tracks, and the 7th a stereo track. Make this QT and start checking it. About halfway thru my stereo is out of sync with the surround. WTF! Go back into the project, start digging around and cut my freshly made Center track with no edits in on a track above my 'real' center track and notice that in 5 places that track is out of sync with one it was made from! Had to 'add edit trim -3, +8, -1 , +1, +1 in 5 places after I found the sync issue. Curiously enough each place that went out of sync on the exported file was at an edit point in the original Center track. It's like my export drifted! Anybody ever see this or have it happen? (Note to Bouke, same project I emailed you about, just a different problem!)

Nick Hrycyk
Bluefish Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]