FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to send files to Audio Engineer running Pro Tools

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
Best way to send files to Audio Engineer running Pro Tools
on Jan 9, 2017 at 1:31:12 pm

Hi guys,

Running latest version of Media Composer and I'm trying to figure out the best way to send files to my Audio Engineer remotely. Currently I'm sending just the audio but he always wants the video too, so I am thinking I just use the ProTools AAF export function and select that both video and audio are embedded in the AAF. Is that the best way to send to him?

What are other people doing?

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Best way to send files to Audio Engineer running Pro Tools
on Jan 9, 2017 at 2:24:50 pm

What does he say he wants? Thats the point.

I always want an OMF with embedded audio or AAF embedded audio. No picture file in that. At LEAST 50f handles, best 100f.
Then I have the Pictures as a hd quicktime, but thats his preference as he knows how his machine will handle different video file s best. Motion Jpeg A type is often a favourite.

Make sure you include all the wild tracks and atmos tracks from the shoot too by putting it on the timeline. It ll save him coming back and asking for it, plus any music tracks as the full track without edits etc etc so he can re craft as needed.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Best way to send files to Audio Engineer running Pro Tools
on Jan 9, 2017 at 9:39:09 pm

Typically i create a quicktime with timecode burn on it, and send a separate embedded aaf (audio only).

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]