FORUMS: list search recent posts

MultiGroup or Grouping in general splits my stereo track, workaround?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hanqin Lin
MultiGroup or Grouping in general splits my stereo track, workaround?
on Jan 5, 2017 at 1:55:12 am

Hi guys!

So I've got this project that was shot with 2 cameras with a gam synced time of day timecode on both the cameras and the audio recorder. And when I do the syncing, I usually would just include the guide tracks (A1-2) from the multichannel wave files and turn the two mono tracks into a stereo track, so that when our editor's are working they only have to worry about 1 video track bundled with 1 stereo audio track for the most part(and thus we don't have timelines that contains 10 or more audio tracks of ISOs clustering the screen).

But when I try to group the clips, Avid automatically splits my stereo tracks into two monos, which is kinda annoying. After some research it's seems to me that Avid simply lacks the function of creating group clips with a stereo track. So I'm wondering if there are any solutions to this or if there is a workaround (like somehow combining two mono tracks into a stereo track after the group clip is created).

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: MultiGroup or Grouping in general splits my stereo track, workaround?
on Jan 5, 2017 at 2:01:08 am

Sorry, group clips can only contain MONO tracks...no stereo. No workaround for this. And dealing with two mono tracks should be NOTHING for the editor. I have groups with between 3 and 10 tracks. it's not that complex to deal with.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]