FORUMS: list search recent posts

How To Map "Set Multichannel Audio" to Keyboard

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Steele
How To Map "Set Multichannel Audio" to Keyboard
on Dec 13, 2016 at 11:13:06 pm

Editing Brothers and Sisters,

I just started a feature on the newest version of Avid, and I'm trying to figure out how to map onto the keyboard, "Set Multichannel Audio," so that I can press a key and turn a sound effect clip into stereo. In Avid Media Composer 8.6.4, you'd either right click or go to Clip > Modify > Modify Clip, then in the drop down go to Set Multichannel Audio, and change the clip to stereo from there. I can get as far as "Modify Clip" mapped to the keyboard, so I'm one step behind - what I'd ultimately like to do is press a key and voila, my SFX clip with 2 mono tacks becomes a stereo clip, that I can cut onto a stereo track on my timeline. Anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance...

I'm running:

Avid Media Composer 8.6.4
Mac OS X 10.9.5
2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1333 MHz DDRR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 896 MB

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: How To Map "Set Multichannel Audio" to Keyboard
on Dec 14, 2016 at 7:56:41 am

Modify is as close as I've managed to get at the moment without macros (e.g. AHK)

Even with macros it's going to be tricky as there are warning pop-ups the first time you go to modify a clip then modify defaults to last parameter used

Would be great to have presets that were keyboard mappable (e.g. 2xstereo 2x5.1 SMPTE)

You could try filing a feature request at community.avid.com/forums but don't hold your breath

Return to posts index

Brian Steele
Re: How To Map "Set Multichannel Audio" to Keyboard
on Dec 14, 2016 at 10:21:10 pm

Thanks for your response Trevor. I figured this would be a pipedream, but that's a good idea, I think I'll bring it up to the Avid forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]