FORUMS: list search recent posts

8.6.4 / 8.6.5 multi group issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lauren costello
8.6.4 / 8.6.5 multi group issue
on Dec 6, 2016 at 8:44:36 pm

Hello! Hoping someone here has some insight - we're using Avid 8.6.4 and when we create a multi-group with both single cam and cross coverage, the single cam parts don't match back to the multi-group - they only match back to clips/subclips. However, when the AEs try the exact same clips in Avid 7, the multi group matches properly. Per a suggestion from an Avid Tech (at Avid) - we've upgraded to 8.6.5, but are still experiencing the same issues.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: 8.6.4 / 8.6.5 multi group issue
on Dec 13, 2016 at 2:19:32 pm

We are working with MC 8.6.4 on Windows. We have multigroup with linked cameras. When we match frame the first time we get the multigroup and when we match frame again we get the iso camera/linked file that is part of the multigroup. Seems to work for us. I know this doesn't solve your issue, just wamted to pass along the info.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Santiago Escudero
on Jan 15, 2017 at 4:31:16 pm

I think is not an issue, it's the way it's work's.

Return to posts index

lauren costello
on Jan 17, 2017 at 6:33:50 pm

We are using Mac, maybe that's part of the problem.

Separately - Regarding it "not being an issue"... it is an issue, because that's not how it previously worked in 7 and earlier versions, and is a hinderance to our workflow. Although we all work with Avid, our projects differ, and for the process we use within the field I specifically work in - it is an issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]