FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't open a sequence in timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Agata Wiencis
Can't open a sequence in timeline
on Dec 5, 2016 at 7:36:20 pm

Hello,
I'm a new Avid MC user. I have a problem with Avid MC 8.4.5 on Mac. I can't open any sequence on timeline by double click and because of that I can't drag any clip to the sequence. I can see a sequence in the composer window though - I copied the video to the sequence by loading a clip in the source monitor, pressing "T" to mark the entire clip and then "B" to edit it into a new sequence.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and help me with this problem?

Return to posts index

Nate Suri
Re: Can't open a sequence in timeline
on Dec 5, 2016 at 8:31:07 pm

Can you see anything on the timeline? Perhaps you've toggled the timeline to view your source window?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 5, 2016 at 10:55:43 pm

That sounds right...you might have clicked the TOGGLE SOURCE/RECORD button....it's the one on the bottom left of the timeline, third in from the end. If it's GREEN, you are viewing the timeline in the SOURCE side. Need to click again to see the main sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Agata Wiencis
on Dec 6, 2016 at 5:26:51 pm

I'm familiar with Toggle Source / Record button and I checked couple of times if it wasn't green ☺

I've tried refreshing media directories, deleting MCState and Site Attributes or Project Settings and relaunching Avid, creating new user profile and it didn't work. But here's good news - reinstalling Avid helped and everything works fine. I still don't know what happened but I can work again.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]