FORUMS: list search recent posts

msmMMOB.mdb question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
msmMMOB.mdb question
on Dec 1, 2016 at 9:35:01 pm

Hopefully someone can help clarify this for me.

I have a back-up from our old RAID and would like to access the files. Per Avid's instructions I dropped the msmMMOB.mdb file on a bin and it almost immediately accessed about 100 files from 2013. Problem 1 is there are over 5,000 files in that volume. Problem 2 is I can see that the back-up has files from 2014 and 2015 and, wouldn't you know it, they're the ones I need.

Am I doing something wrong? Having just the .mxf files on this back-up is there another way to recover them or is there a limit to how many can be imported at a time? There are multiple msmMMOB.mdb files is using them how to access the video clips? Is there a way to do it in a batch?

Thanx for any help and advice you can provide.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: msmMMOB.mdb question
on Dec 2, 2016 at 2:22:55 am

Delete the mdb file. Then Avid should rebuild it when you launch. To be safe, copy it to the desktop first. But it should work. And it's in the proper Avid file structure, correct? It's a "1" bin? No name or other text on it? the MDB file won't rebuild unless it's just a number

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 2, 2016 at 2:50:42 am

Also keep in mind that if a clip has multiple audio tracks, they will be a separate file in the MediaFile folder for each one. For example, if XDCAM with 8 audio tracks recorded, it would be 9 tracks for 1 clip. Not saying this explains all of them, but just something to keep in mind.

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 2, 2016 at 8:36:36 pm

Some of your files could be renders as well. Look at the file size of the mxfs. If you have a bunch of tiny files, they could be renders from the original edit. It is possible some footage didn't make the archive.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]