FORUMS: list search recent posts

The New Home for Sony AMA Plug-ins

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Phillips
The New Home for Sony AMA Plug-ins
on Nov 30, 2016 at 4:37:33 pm

Just heard about this from another post who heard it from a tweet. Nothing about it yet on the Avid site for Sony AMA plug-ins, but here is where you will find the latest Sony AMA plug-ins that are now being developed by a third party with Sony's blessing.

http://www.nablet.com/ama-plugins/

Note: Any older versions of the Sony AMA plug-ins must be uninstalled before installing the new ones. Also, OS support is as follows:
Windows
· Windows 10 64-bit
· Windows 8.1 64-bit
· Windows 8 64-bit
· Windows 7 64-bit
Mac
· macOS 10.12 Sierra
· OS X 10.11 El Capitan
· OS X 10.10 Yosemite
· OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: The New Home for Sony AMA Plug-ins
on Dec 1, 2016 at 7:21:03 pm

I'm running Windows 7 on a z820 dual processor. Upgraded to 8.65 yesterday from 8.5, and was told to instal this new version for Sony AMA.

Unfortunately today when i opened a project that was using color corrected mxfs from Resolve, i had nothing but crashes and mxf media errors. Avid wanted to Quarantine all my mxf media that this timeline was using. Again, all created in Resolve. Downgraded back to 8.5 and put the original sony back on, and everything is fine.

No time to play to see where the issue is...8.65 or Resolve, or the ama plugin or Windows 7 (or maybe a display driver?)

I'll have more time next week to see what is going on.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 3, 2016 at 9:00:45 pm

I don't know how much QA these plug-ins have been given. I've only been resting with Sony RAW X-OCN and it too has issues. But in your case, what codec are you creating out of Resolve? Assuming MXF OPAtom if in your MediaFiles folder?

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 4, 2016 at 4:19:44 pm

The output from resolve would have started with the Avid roundtrip preset. I think I set it to DNX 175x, but i'd have to check.

Either way, it works fine before the upgrade, but constant crashes after.

I didn't even have a chance to see how it worked on media previously created in Avid, as the clock was ticking.

I'll have more time this week to try the upgrade again, test some other projects that are using the same workflow, and try the plugins out to see where the issue is happening.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]