FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid media composer importing AVCHD & MXF on mac

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Iskandar
Avid media composer importing AVCHD & MXF on mac
on Nov 23, 2016 at 7:46:54 am

Hello,
I'm new to avid media composer I been watching tutorial about avid, cause I'm moving from premiere cc to avid as I want more challenge and more features.. I install avid media composer 8 trail on my mac version 10.12. But one thing I'm having trouble is when I try to import AVCHD or MXF both sony cameras is giving me an error saying "Invalid name error" or when I heard about this new plugin called 'source browser' and when I try to link the media to my bin. It doesn't give me no error and doesn't do anything. Why is this this the problem? doesn't avid support AVCHD and MXF files? both files in in 1080p

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid media composer importing AVCHD & MXF on mac
on Nov 23, 2016 at 6:36:11 pm

What specific cameras?

Was the FULL card structure from those cameras maintained? (This is VERY important)

Are you choosing the root level of that backup? Meaning, when you back up a tapeless media, you make a folder, give that folder a unique name...drop the entire contents of the tapeless media into that folder. Then, with the SOURCE BROWSER, you select that folder when importing...don't go digging to the media files themselves.

Did you download and install the AMA plugins? You need to do this in order for Avid to be able to recognize the tapeless file structure. In the source Browser, also manually select the AMA plugin you need to use. AUTOSELECT doesn't work a majority of the time.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matt Iskandar
on Nov 23, 2016 at 9:41:08 pm

Thanks for replying,
We used Sony NX3 aad Sony PMW-300K1 yes the card was maintained in camera. I already put the footage on my hard drive and made a folder and so i tried importing using source media when I click on the folder still doesn't do anything. And no i dont have the plugin I'm installing Sony XDCAM/HDCAM plug-ins AMA so lets see if it works.

Return to posts index

Matt Iskandar
on Nov 23, 2016 at 9:43:53 pm

AVCHD plugin doesn't have the download option?

Return to posts index

Matt Iskandar
on Nov 23, 2016 at 10:11:20 pm

Here's the screen shot
http://imgur.com/a/WvkrH

Return to posts index

Santiago Escudero
on Jan 15, 2017 at 5:27:04 pm

Have try to change something in the link settings?? Maybe is just to change the codec option in link menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]