FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem relinking audio onto my autosynced subclips on Avid MC 8.6.4

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Swaroopa Sanap
Problem relinking audio onto my autosynced subclips on Avid MC 8.6.4
on Nov 16, 2016 at 7:00:27 am

Hello! So, I'm new to Avid and just slowly and steadily figuring things out. Now, I had to shift to another system with a brand new drive in order to continue working. Everything was copied in the exact same way on the new drive with the same name and same path. I created a new project on the new system in the external drive and copy pasted all my bins into the new project folder. When I opened the project, the video has relinked. I had autosynced all the audio and video files, thus creating autosynced subclips where the audio has the name of the video files. Now, the problem is, all the audio is offline. The only way to relink it if I import all the audio again and then connect it. If I do this, the name of the audio files will change back to it's original and won't be what it was in the subclips (i.e name of the video clips it had auto synced with). This will be a huge problem since I'm an assistant editor and will have to keep giving my lineups to the editor where they won't relink to her projects.

I have tried to explain my problem in as much detail as possible. I'm positively blank about how to solve this. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Problem relinking audio onto my autosynced subclips on Avid MC 8.6.4
on Nov 16, 2016 at 8:32:46 pm

Look for the bin that has all the original audio files that were imported the first time. Select those and do a batch re-import to the files themselves. You will not need to re-edit, or rename anything.

Michael

Return to posts index

Swaroopa Sanap
Re: Problem relinking audio onto my autosynced subclips on Avid MC 8.6.4
on Nov 17, 2016 at 8:53:11 am

Thank you Michael. I'll check if it's working out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]