FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to remove a (unwanted) motion adapter from a AMA-linked source file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carolina Rath
how to remove a (unwanted) motion adapter from a AMA-linked source file
on Nov 15, 2016 at 12:56:55 pm

Hi out there, please, I need help...

I was AMA-linking a 10-minute mov-file (which plays back just fine on my hard drive, with a frame rate of 25fps - as it is supposed to!), but in Avid the same clip (when AMA-linked) playes back at 16,98 fps and when pasted into a sequence, you can see it has a "motion adapter" little "t" on it. I cannot remove this ("remove effect" is not working, the strange frame rate seems to have been attached to the source file during the linking-process). The linking of all other clips is fine, they play back in 25fps on the hard drive and they link in 25fps in Avid, but this one clip plays back in 25fps and links in 16,98fps. Why???? I restarted Avid, I restarted my computer, I renamed the file, I copied it to another location and linked from there - the same effect. The 25fps file plays back in Avid at 16,98fps.

So, my question is - where does this motion adapter (that´s what I googled, that it should be a motion adapter) come from? And, more importantly, how can I remove it? If I look at this file´s source settings in the bin, it gives me the choice to play it back at "clips´s frame rate of 16,98 fps" or "project´s frame rate of 25 fps". If I choose the project-frame-rate here, and paste it into a sequence, it still has this "t"-adapter-thing attached and although the video file plays back fine, the audio file is not in sync anymore and plays back at another frame rate and I cannot edit.

Why can a clip which is shot and everything at 25fps - and plays back fine at 25fps as long as it is not inside Avid - suddenly change its frame-rate when AMA-linked? Please, help me, I think I am going crazy here, I searched the internet for hours now and searched in many forums, but I did not find any case similar to this - so you are my last hope - looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks a lot -

Carolina

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: how to remove a (unwanted) motion adapter from a AMA-linked source file
on Nov 15, 2016 at 4:45:25 pm

What is the source of this file? iPhone/iPad? Those tend to record video with a varying frame rate, even though QT might show it as a static one.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Carolina Rath
on Nov 15, 2016 at 6:11:12 pm

Thanks for replying so fast, but this is not the case. The original file was edited (by me) some years ago, it is a 10-minute short film shot on a Sony NEX-FS 100 and since then I uploaded the file to multiple film festivals and all the video portals on the internet, screened it on many occasions, as well as pressing DVDs etc. The source of the file is 100% correct and it played back just fine all the past weeks, outside of Avid and inside of Avid. Now I created a new Avid-project (I am editing a new demoreel for myself) and AMA-linked all the necessary movie files and clips I do have, like I usually do, but somehow a motion adapter got added to this specific source file. Maybe I involuntarily pressed some keyboard shortcuts (I remember I wanted to go to a certain time code and used, again like always, the numbers on the numeric pad on my keyboard - and then there were some beeping noises, a "+" flashed up in the source monitor and the timecode-finding was not working - I did not know what this was but ignored it and manually located the timecode. But afterwards, when starting to play the file at the in-point, I realised that picture and sound were not in sync anymore and when editing this file in a new sequence in the timeline, there was this "motion adapter" (a little gray box with the letter "t" and a green dot) suddenly attached to it - as well as a strange new frame rate of 16,98 fps - which was not there before. I probably added this somehow in the process, but I honestly do not know how and I would just need to remove this. Thank you....

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 15, 2016 at 6:31:00 pm

What format is this clip? You said it is a film you edited, and have exported. So are you trying to work with the full res mastering version of this clip, DNxHD or ProRes or similar...or an H.264 compressed version?

You can't remove motion adapters...any of those adapters that tell you "this clip is different than the project settings."

Can you transcode the clip to DnxHD with the frame rate it SHOULD be and work with that?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Nov 16, 2016 at 9:03:53 am

Source setting. Tgen force playback rate to project rate.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]