FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer 6 shortcut keys mapping issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheree Day
Avid Media Composer 6 shortcut keys mapping issue
on Nov 6, 2016 at 5:13:27 am

Hi

I was mapping some shortcut keys in MC6, and whilst most worked, I had something strange happen on 2 keys.

I mapped the zoom in and zoom out keys to the minus and plus signs on my keyboard.

However, they only work on zooming in and out on the source and record monitors - not the timeline as well. Anyone know what I did wrong? Or why this is happening?

Also, is there a shortcut key to switch from the source and record monitors to down in the timeline?

Thanks heaps in advance for assistance.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid Media Composer 6 shortcut keys mapping issue
on Nov 6, 2016 at 3:26:14 pm

what did you use for your shortcut for the zoom..the magnifying glass? Its function is to zoom in and out of the viewers.

To zoom into and out of the timeline you need to use the show more/less detail zoom. Which I believe is ctrl { and ctrl }

I have these mapped to my Artist Control panel, and to my mouse wheel, using a third party macro program.
To map them to a different button, you'd have to use the other mapping option in the command palatte...not the button to button, but the command to button (or what ever it is called)

Good question about the timeline switcher...I'm not sure about that one either. It may only be that button. I don't think there is a drop down command for that switch.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Sheree Day
on Nov 8, 2016 at 6:23:45 am

Yes I did use the zoom in / out icon in the palette.

I tried the command to button option or whatever it's called - that doesn't work. I'll have to stick to the CMD [ ] options

thank you

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
on Nov 8, 2016 at 2:01:16 pm

The Toggle source/record in timeline button is in the Command Palette under the 'Other' tab.
Map that to your keyboard.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]