FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF Export Stopped Working

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave LaRonde
AAF Export Stopped Working
on Nov 5, 2016 at 1:23:52 am

I'll admit, I don't know much about Avid.

But something that was working no longer works: the AAF Export. I'm trying to export a 20-second timeline for use After Effects.

About a month ago, the machine's system drive crashed. The engineering staff at my TV station got things working again, but I never had occasion to use AAF Export until this week. It wasn't among the list of preset export Options, so I made one -- the kind that copies the media. Lo and behold, it worked!

But who wants duplicated media files all over the place when you don't need them? I modified the preset to the kind that links to the media... and Pro Import After Effects wouldn't see the media properly. Since then, I have modified that preset time and again -- linking media, copying media, consolidating, transcoding, what have you.... all with the same disappointing results.

If any of you nice folks have ideas on how I can get it to work again, I'm listening. Until then, I guess I export A, B and C-Rolls as a workaround. Bummer.

I wish I could post a grab of my current AAF Preset settings, but it won't go through. No clue why.

Oh, my machine info:
Avid MC 6.52 with a Mojo Box
Win 7 Enterprise SP1
16 GB RAM
HP Z-820 Workstation

Hope there's some help out there! Thanks!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: AAF Export Stopped Working
on Nov 5, 2016 at 2:02:04 pm

Dave, you can e-mail me your screen grab of the settings and I will try to take a look later. In the meantime, try doing it using a different user setting than your own and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes user settings just get corrupted.

Pale dot edit at g mail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]