FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multigroup for long interview won't play!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sara Maamouri
Multigroup for long interview won't play!
on Nov 1, 2016 at 6:42:15 pm

Hello folks!

I'm a relatively new Avid MC returnee (haven't edited on Avid much in the past 10 years)
I've been running into some problems with my new project: I've gone through the steps to sync an interview with 2 camera angles and 1 external audio source and have created a MultiGroup.

The multigroup seems alright but when I try to play it or open it, I get the following error: The sequence or one of its source elements is too long to be played.

The interview was about 2.5 hours long, so I figured I'd attempt instead to break it into 3 segments, less than an hour each.
But I had the same exception even with a shorter MultiGroup clip.

Any thoughts please?
Cheers,
Sara

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Multigroup for long interview won't play!
on Nov 2, 2016 at 12:46:24 pm

Why are you using multi group? That is for much more complex stuff than a 2 camera interview. Something is confusing Avid (probably timecode), because 2.5 hrs is way lower than the max, but you should not be using Multigroup for this application anyway.

What you want is simply a Group clip. You are probably confusing Multigroup with Group because FCP calls a group clip a multi-clip.

Return to posts index

Sara Maamouri
on Nov 2, 2016 at 11:27:05 pm

Thanks for your reply! My apologies, it was an error in terminology.
What I have been doing is Group Clips.

Now, I've even attempted to group just the very first subclips: V1, V2 and the external audio, and I still get the same exception error. The group that it creates appears to be 15 hours long!!! I don't know how it's getting that. My master audio is the longest clip at 2 hours.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Nov 3, 2016 at 3:46:02 am

If you are syncing by timecode and one item has a timecode 15 hours off from the others, this will happen. You need to sync by in point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]