FORUMS: list search recent posts

PIP Effect with Matte And Border

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Verlinden
PIP Effect with Matte And Border
on Oct 26, 2016 at 9:40:30 pm

Hi,

I have two videos, one is fullframe background, and the second is a pip in the top left corner. I would like the second to have a specific shape. I have drawn the shape in a vector application, and rendered a black and white png. I have found how I can cut it using the matte key, but what I would like is the second video to have a 2-4px white border around the cut out shape. As an example: let's say the matte is a triangle shape, I would like the second video to be a triangle in the top left corner with a 4px white border (so, also shaped like a triangle). I have tried several things already. Ideally, because it is for being used in episodical content, I would like it to be an effect that I can drag and drop from a bin. Is this possible, or does anybody have an idea on how to accomplish this? I'm specifically having trouble getting the white border around the video. I'm using Media Composer 8.6.1, and do not have the Boris FX or any other ones. Thank you for your suggestions!

Kind regards,
Nick

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: PIP Effect with Matte And Border
on Oct 27, 2016 at 1:55:16 pm

I think you need two items. Your matte, as you have it, and your triangle, created with the border, keyable, as a regular graphic. (Make it in photoshop over black with an alpha channel)

Matte key your footage using the method it sounds like you are doing now...matte on video 3, fill on video 2, background on video 1.

Then add a keyable element for the finishing touch on Video 4, you should be able to size it in MC to whatever is needed to cover your Pic in pic underneath.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]